F2 RACING Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F2 RACING Forum for members and guests.

3 posters

Possible New T.V?

Johnald0
    Johnald0

Male Posts : 23

Possible New T.V? Empty Possible New T.V?

Post by Johnald0 Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:30 pm

Sony Bravia 37in full HD Freeview LCD TV KDL37S5500
    What do you guys think, should I get it or not? I can just afford it on the £39.95 a week for 20 weeks or I could go for the £15.37 a week for 52 weeks option which means I'll have more money per week but take longer to pay off. I really want to get it as my current T.V. is small, old and starting to not work properly but I'm not too sure about using credit options to pay for stuff.
    ror
    ror

Male Posts : 40

Possible New T.V? Empty Re: Possible New T.V?

Post by ror Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:11 pm

i love bravia's.. i just bnought a 52 inch "z" model.. and i love it.
    the one your looking at sounds like a good buy... the only thing that concerns me is the refresh rate.. i only found one site that had all the technical specs.. and it said it was a 50Hz..
    thats pretty slow, at least in my opinion.. id rather buy a little smaller tv with the refresh rate higher, especiall with as much movement as there is in a video game.. (if thats what youll be doing on this tv)
    that being said, the tv i use for forza right now is a 60 hz LED ... and its killer... but a little jerky for a first person shooter type game..
    .. i want to move the xbox to the 52 inch, just cause its a 240HZ and HUGE...but im a little to lazy to do that
    Smile
    ps.. i dont know if you guys can get em over there.. but those junk Visio brand tv's are not too bad for the price.. you can get a 42" with 240HZ for under a grand (us)
    i just cant buy those cause im an Elitest Bastard
    ror
    ror

Male Posts : 40

Post by ror Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:12 pm

.. um elitist, i mean
    Embarassed
    Johnald0
    Johnald0

Post by Johnald0 Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:15 pm

Well I've been having another look and these 2 seem to be just as good but slighlty cheaper which is always a plus. I can't make up my mind now.
    Sony 32in Freeview HD LCD TV KDL32EX403U
    Sony 37in Freeview HD LCD TV KDL37EX403U
    or mayby even the cheapest Sony
    Sony 32in HD Ready Freeview LCD TV KDL32EX301
    Zebrial
    Zebrial
    Admin

Male Posts : 137

Post by Zebrial Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:33 pm

I personally wouldn't do it on credit, but thats just me. I'd just save up enough to buy a half-way decent hd tv. Thats what I'm planning on doing. Im on a old-school style 24" tv.
    Johnald0
    Johnald0

Post by Johnald0 Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:31 am

Well I've done it and finally bought my new T.V. It should hopefully come before the 23rd if the snow dosent keep getting worse. Here it is and for £590.08

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 am